Sunday, November 28, 2010

Everyone loves a parade...

The girls and I saw the annual Garden City Christmas parade yesterday -- this time it was from a different angle as we were IN the parade.   Children of all ages from Dance Express, the girls' dance company, walked in the parade today.   Despite being on crutches, Riley insisted that she still wanted to participate, but after an active holiday weekend, she was worried if she would be able to walk the entire route on the crutches.   So, we found a wheelchair for her to use, but when I dropped her off, I was told that I would have to push her.   So, for the first time since I was a young scout, I found myself walking (and pushing) in a parade.   Kennedy did great for only participating in one practice, and Riley tried her best to perform the moves despite being seated.  

I have to tell you... it was an interesting adventure, but parades are much more fun when you are a spectator!


See more pics...