Sunday, December 5, 2010

Though I've grown old the bell still rings for me...

The girls and I enjoyed a day off of school and a vacation day from work, with a surprise trip to see one of my favorite Christmas movies - The Polar Express...in 3D...and at the Imax!     Sure, we could have waited a few weeks and seen it at the Penn for a lot less, but seeing it in that format was something that we will remember for a very long time.  What an incredible experience! 

There is something pretty magical about that movie, and although I have seen it several times, I still find myself  singing (silently, of course) along to the Hot Chocolate song, feeling a slight chill crawl up my back when the ghost of the hobo is encountered, empathising the loneliness of Billy as he sits alone in the rail car, and being in awe as Santa presents the first gift of Christmas.   As the credits roll up the screen, I find myself again remembering that seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see.
Oh yea....I believe!